Hortulus

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hortulus
Hortulus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medieval women's magazine manuscript

3 posters

Go down

Medieval women's magazine manuscript Empty Medieval women's magazine manuscript

Post by Kristen Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:50 am

I found this article through a blog I regularly read. The article states that a Canadian researcher discovered a manuscript that may be a medieval women's magazine. If anyone has any additional info about this, I'd love to hear it.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/641640

Kristen

Back to top Go down

Medieval women's magazine manuscript Empty Re: Medieval women's magazine manuscript

Post by annmart Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:04 am

Wow! This is amazing.
I followed the link you provided, and it just makes me wonder if there are any more of these manuscripts around. I want to say that there almost HAS to be. And then my next question is: who wrote them? Was it women writing for women? Or a combo of male and female authors? So many questions.

annmart

Back to top Go down

Medieval women's magazine manuscript Empty Re: Medieval women's magazine manuscript

Post by Floripes Mon May 03, 2010 2:57 pm

I wonder if these documents were actually a medieval bound collection. I am not a paleographer... but the text on the left looks more "modern," so to speak.

And, I might ask, why Beves of Hampton in a "book" for women?

Floripes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down